Thursday, December 1, 2011

Evolution of my life purpose

In the parlance of Balanced Scorecard, thrill and skill appear to be lead indicators to one's drill and, in turn, one's life purpose. In my last post, I had spoken about my self discovery of making connections as my thrill.

In September 2011, I attended a retreat, "Happiness Habits" by Nithya Shanti. One of the exercises in that retreat was to focus on one quality that we wish to manifest in our lifetime. I chose 'oneness'.

It is fascinating how this quality of oneness seems to link up to my earlier stated thrill of 'building connections' and some new found perspectives.

For example, building external connections is a sure way of creating one large 'collective' - a oneness. I also realized that, in many ways, people whose behaviors i seem to abhor in life actually represent unhealed parts of me. If truly i am divine, then i have all aspects and facets to myself. If I positively hate in case someone comes late, it means that there is a 'shadow' in me, that part of me which may not mind being late and i have not accepted that part of myself and fully integrated it within me.

In other words, my journey of oneness has all those as my big teachers in whom i don't like something. How wonderful.

No comments: